Seton is a vibrant, growing community and an excellent choice for young professionals living in Calgary. Located in the southeast quadrant of the city, Seton is designed to provide residents with everything they need to live, work and play.
Accessibility & transportation
Located in the southeast quadrant of the city, Seton is close to major transportation routes like Deerfoot Trail and Stoney Trail.
There are also a number of public transportation options in the area, including direct bus routes to downtown Calgary. This makes it easy for residents to get around the city without having to rely on a car.
Major employment sectors within the community include:
- Health care: the South Health Campus is one of the largest health care facilities in the city.
- Retail: several retail, grocery, clothing and home goods stores are located in and around the community. View full list of retail districts in Seton here.
- Business: a growing number of offices are located in Seton, which means more employment opportunities for administrators, accountants, assistants and IT professionals.
There are a wide range of housing options available in Seton, including apartments, townhomes, and single-family homes. Home prices in the community are generally more affordable than in other parts of Calgary, making it a great option for young professionals who are just starting out.
Proximity to amenities
Seton is located close to a number of amenities, including shopping, restaurants, parks and more. Here are some of our favourites:
- Starbelly Open Kitchen & Lounge: offering a modern take on regional cuisine, Starbelly’s creative dishes are both delicious and visually appealing.
- Seton Retail Districts: offering a diverse array of retailers, shops and services.
- Seton Library: this is one of Calgary’s newest libraries with lots of modern facilities, meeting rooms, study spaces, printing, and more. View opening hours here.
- Seton Dog Park: this new, centrally located dog park is a great spot for both residents and dogs to enjoy.
Seton is designed to be a walkable community and includes lots of indoor and outdoor amenities to stay active:
- Seton Trail: a 10-km trail that is a great place for walking, running, biking, and in-line skating.
- Brookfield Residential YMCA: this state-of-the art facility is the largest YMCA on Earth! It features an aquatics centre, leisure pool, gym, child care and more.
- Evolve Strength: Seton’s newest gem is a gym offering a variety of fitness classes and personal training services.
If you already have kids or a looking to start a family in the future, there are lots of great options in the Seton area:
- Catholic schools: Seton is home to St. Elizabeth Seton School, a K-9 school, and St. John Paul II High School.
- Public school: The Calgary Board of Education operates a number of schools in Seton, including Andrew Sibbald, a K-5 school, and Nickle School, a junior high.
- Seton Montessori school: a private school offering a Montessori education for students from preschool through Grade 8.
- Seton Christian Academy: another private school offering a Christian education for students from preschool to Grade 12.
If you’re looking for a convenient location in Calgary that is well connected and includes all the conveniences of a big city, then you should definitely consider the community of Seton.